Solid Carbide Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated Up-Cut Router Bits featuring special unique carbide with nACo® nanocomposite coating for longer lifetime.
Specifically designed for milling Polyurethane Foam, Polyethylene Foam, Extruded Polystyrene Foam (XPS), Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) and Neopor® to ensure your foam projects are milled with unparalleled accuracy, detail and clarity. These CNC cutting tools allow you to achieve both precision and depth for foam carving and milling applications.
Amana Tool Spektra™ bits feature a nACo® nanocomposite coating with an extreme nanohardness and heat resistance. With a brilliant, distinctively-tinted coloring, nACo provides additional improvements in four critical aspects of router tooling.
- nACo coating is an micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool's cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coatings prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance.
- Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
Solid carbide industrial router bits provide deeper cuts and larger slices with fewer passes in thick materials, resulting in improved productivity and less assembly. The up-cut spiral design ejects chips away from the workpiece.
These router bits are designed to last, saving you the costs of replacing lesser quality foam-cutting tools.
For thick material with up-cut chip removal. For 2D & 3D CNC routing applications.
- Solid Carbide
- Industrial quality
- Up-Cut helix provides an upward chip flow
Specifically designed for milling:
- Crosslinked Polyethylene Foam (XLPE)
- Ethylene-vinyl Acetate Foam (EVA)
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP)*
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS)
- Extruded Polystyrene Foam (XPS)
- Flexible Polyurethane Foam (FPF)
- High Density Urethane (HDU Board)
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)†
- Polyethylene (PE) Foam**
- Polyurethane Foam
WARNING! Not for use in a hand-held router.
*Expanded polypropylene (EPP) is a foam form of polypropylene.
**Ethafoam, Polyethylene and Polylam are durable, flexible, closed-cell foams with excellent memory.
† Recommendation: Use the slowest suggested feed rates and the shortest bits necessary for cutting and routing Lexan™.